Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Just For Fun




I have been very slow on the sewing front of late.  It was nice to do a little sewing last week just for fun.  This is the padded Nintendo ds case that I made for Cait.  I was able to use up some of my scraps which I was really pleased with.  Super easy and quick.  I really liked how the little "cookie" looks on the front.  I was a little naughty and cheated with the Velcro closure instead of doing it properly and putting in a clasp.  Oh well, can't do it all.  

6 comments:

Sandrine said...

This is super cute!I keep meaning to do a couple of DS cases...yours is great:)

Hey Harriet said...

That's so cute! I feel so out of the loop because I have no idea what a DS case is...

Ain't nuthin' wrong with velcro!

Anonymous said...

That's very cute. I'm usually happiest with the art I do just for fun, rather than the commissioned kind.

GO the VELCRO! as a Mother of three, I find buttons fiddly, laces tedious and zippers catchy ;)

Ali said...

What a sweet little envelope - lucky girl Cait to have such a clever Mum :)

Bec said...

SOOOO cute!!! And I'm another big fan of velcro. A very underrated product methinks :D

Hot Fudge said...

Go the velcro. My son-in-law in a moment of frustration asked if I could design some bed sheets with velcro straps, so that the children would stay in bed at night!

Like Tracy, I feel out of the loop as well, as I have no idea what a DS case is.

 
Blog template by suckmylolly.com : Header Image by Gustavo Pedrosa