Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Upside of Insomnia

Ok can someone please reset my body clock.  I have the most awful habit of waking at 3 to 4 am at the moment.  I am terrible at getting back to sleep, it takes me hours and by that time I have to get up and start the day anyway.  There are a few upsides though.  I like the darkness and quite of the house.  A coffee in peace, while reading emails and checking out blog happenings.  Also time to cut out patterns and fuse interfacing.  

After the Stitches and Craft show I have had a surge of inspiration.  I have done very little bag sewing this year but the Fretwork fabric by Brisbane boutique textile designer Thea & Sami was just needing to be turned into a messenger bag.  I had this one all cut out and ready to go by 6 am yesterday morning.  I love red and denim - I guess I have said that before though.  I am so very happy with how this turned out.  This bag was popped into my etsy shop this morning.  



9 comments:

Hot Fudge said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one treading the boards at odd hours of the morning. I couldn't sleep in the early hours, so was up at 4.00AM (eek!), but put it to good use. I've just about finished a little skirt which I hope to have up in my Etsy shop tonight. That is, if I haven't conked out by then.

Little Mary Moo said...

Robyn I hear you on that one. I am absolutely pathetic come 7.30 pm. I'm lucky to stay awake past the ABC news. Your etsy shop is looking wonderful by the way. I always pop over there when I need a little eye candy.

Thea said...

I love the bag! You have inspired me to print this fabric again in Red. This fabric was originally leftover from another order.

Hey Harriet said...

I love your new bag! Hope your sleep pattern improves soon. I don't imagine it will be very pleasant waking up at 3 or 4am in the middle of winter. Yikes!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic bag! I just love the fabric pattern and the colour.

I'm quite often awake during the early hours, usually due to my little Missy waking up and climbing into our bed. Unfortunately she prefers to sleep sideways which doesn't leave much room for us.

I love your bits and bobs to love, hey I just saw my Little Portrait of a Horse Rider (thanks for including me!)

Little Mary Moo said...

Amanda, I hear you about the rib kicks ect. You know when the girls were little at one stage I had 3 under 4 and I could sleep anywhere at anytime. I feel so damn guilty now and I think of all the poor Mums with little ones battling forced lack of sleep.

Bec said...

Wow Therese, this bag is simply divine!!! It's funny that you say how much you love red and denim, because whenever I see it anywhere, I do think of you! Maybe it's your signature pairing :P
Hope you get the insomnia under control soon. It's awful isn't it. Sometimes I find a breathing meditation works...but then sometimes it is also just nice to get up and have a little quite time too!!

Katy said...

Just wanted to pop by and tell you that i love you work! I recently did a screen printing course at Thea and Sami - when i am good enough to print some really nice fabric i have to send you some :-)

Thea said...

Hey Katy, stop trying to poach my customers...

 
Blog template by suckmylolly.com : Header Image by Gustavo Pedrosa