Monday, May 4, 2009

Mega Stitches and Craft Post

Wow, what an incredible show this was.  So fresh and vibrant.  I adored the incubator section.  Just fabulous.  Not just because there were some very, very talented BrisStyle girls there but because it showcased such wonderful, original, Australian handmade goodness.  

Of course I made a bee line for the sensational Ink & Spindle stand.  It was so lovely to meet these three super talented girls.  They were so warm and friendly.  Definitely one of my highlights.  It was wonderful to see all the fabrics in person.  Some I haven't yet had the pleasure of seeing for myself except via the computer screen.  Just beautiful.  Above is the selection I was able to bring home for my stash.  Thank you Ink & Spindle for my little extra too!

This is the little additions to my stash from Amitie Textiles.  I love the vibrant orange in the prints.  I picked the little animal one up for the girls to play with.  


I was also lucky enough to finally get my hands on some of Thea & Sami's wonderful hand screen printed fabric.  Thea & Sami is a small Brisbane textile design studio that print some of the most beautiful eco friendly textiles.  I love the selection I picked out, especially the red.  I think the red will go beautifully with an indigo denim I have in my stash at the moment.  


It was also love to see Kristen Doran's fabric at the show.  More hand screen printed goodness here too.  I have never used this fabric before (but have wanted to for the longest time).  I can't wait to start crafting with this lot above.   

Well I couldn't pass up a stop by to see the fabulous Louise in Miffy's World.  I had so much fun chatting to Louise and buying up some new clothes for the two little girls.  They look so lovely in their new Miffy's World attire.  I was also able to get some fab hair tie packs from Louise to sew up.  
And wasn't I lucky to stop by at Ruby 2 Go Go and find these perfect matching scooter girl badges to go with the girl's new clothes.  Hmmm have Louise and Helen been in cohoots?  The girls adore the scooter girl badges, I will just have to be really careful they don't accidentally end up in the wash.  

I was also very, very lucky to be the recipient of a Miffy's World apron.  I love this apron so much.  You know I have never worn an apron before but I am a true convert now.  Thank you so much Louise for your generosity.  Miffy's World rocks.  Here the girls and I are this morning having a little fashion to do.

But wait - there's more.  I also brought myself the must have T-Shirt Transfer for Ruby 2 Go Go.  Just have to find the perfect shirt to compliment it now.  

Last but not least look at the cool button ring I got from Ruby 2 Go Go.  How fab is this.  Made from vintage fabric and all.  Just excuse my dry, pale, old lady looking hands which don't do this ring justice at all.  I haven't brought myself a ring in years but I'm really loving wearing this one.  I was also lucky enough to be around when the reconstructed fashion parade was on and catch the Beckybean bags taking pride of place on the runway.  They were just beautiful.  

Huge thanks to everyone at the show for all the effort and making it so much fun.  Hope you are all enjoying a much deserved rest. 

7 comments:

Jo (sparkly green knickers) said...

Wow, what a spectacular haul! I'm sure you'll have a ball playing with all this new fabric!

Anonymous said...

Wow, indeed! Didn't you spend all your pocket money???

Such a lovely selection of goodies that will keep you busy at the sewing machine for some time.

I can't wait for updates on what you do with the fabrics.

Hot Fudge said...

Fantastic post - and go to the top of the Stash class! I am a mere amateur, having only bought maybe two or three items. But we all sure had fun, didn't we?

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see some 'Little Mary Moo' magic cast upon this gorgeous collection of fabrics.

I was hovering around the Ink & Spindle stall for a long time wishing I could sew. I felt very inspired by their beautiful designs.

Little mimoo said...

oh my gosh Therese what a buying frenzy!!! look forward to seeing the little mary moo creations!

Ali said...

Wow! How much fun did you have?!
I love those orange fabrics too - lovely!

Lauren said...

Hehe, I bought the earrings that match that ring. I love them to bits! :)

 
Blog template by suckmylolly.com : Header Image by Gustavo Pedrosa