Saturday, July 11, 2009

Birds of a Feather



Now where did those two weeks of school holidays go!  I managed to do a little bit of sewing with the girls.  We used the bird pattern from Spool.  It can be found here.  I know this pattern has done the full rounds of the blogs but I couldn't resist giving it a whirl.  I have never made a softie before so it was nice to step out of my comfort zone.  The flickr group has a much better representation of the birds than I have.  My birds just hang out on the rail on the blinds above my sewing table but some very talented sewers have made the most amazing set ups to show their birds off.  

There is one bird for each of us at the moment.  Apparently I am the yellow apple one.  You can see this is the one that is a bit saggy, droopy and a little tired looking.  Now I wonder why I got assigned to this one.  Thanks girls.  On a little side note the birds have been stuffed with appropriate stuffing this time unlike previous sewing adventures at Little Mary Moo's Place.  Have a lovely weekend.   

8 comments:

Hot Fudge said...

What delightful birds. I would have snaffled that little blue and yellow number if I was there!

Red Revival said...

They're so cute! BTW I love my Cookie purse thanks :-)

Little Mary Moo said...

I'm glad the Cookie purse arrived safe and sound. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Those birds are adorable! They look much less frightening then the 'real life' one we had perched on the top of our blinds from the dreaded day a kookaburra flew out at us from our fireplace.

It flew around our little house like a great big quetzalcoatlus (giant flying dinosaur) terrifying us before landing on the top of the blinds. My brave neighbour chased it out with a broom.

Little Mary Moo said...

Amanda, that must have been so scary. Yep, these birds are a lot more friendly, don't cost anything to feed and I don't have to clean up their cage.

Ali said...

I love your little birds! I have made this pattern too - very sweet! I've only made one, but have huge plans for more!! .. that is if I ever get around to making them...!

Hey Harriet said...

Your little birdies look so cute! Especially all perched in a row like that. Very sweet :)

Nicole said...

They are so sweet!

 
Blog template by suckmylolly.com : Header Image by Gustavo Pedrosa