Saturday, July 4, 2009

Full Steam Ahead

Hooray, a week of crafting has been had.  Well little snatches of crafty time may be a better description.  Above is a new purse made with the seeds range by Hollabee from Ink & Spindle.  I love this colour way and the fabric texture stood up really nicely with some interfacing and the structure of the purse.  



Above is a new bag I made for me.  I wanted a bigger bag to take to the BrisStyle Markets as I have a feeling I may make a few purchases.  I also needed a new bag to take to work on the train to fit my lunch, a jumper, book and all the other essential crapola.  I was over lugging two bags with me, so this was my solution.  I used the seeds range again from Hollabee.  I adore the charcoal colour way and it goes so well with the black denim.  


Ok, so I may have been a little slower then usual on the crafting front but I did go and source myself a new sewing table.  It is huge 1.5 m square, so there is plenty of room for us all to sit and create.  More often then not most the chairs and stools in the house find there way to position around it.  I picked it up at a seconds store and because it has a crack 1/3 of the way down, the table didn't cost much at all.  But I don't mind about the crack.  Some things that are a little broken turn out to be our most treasured.  I'm thinking about just gluing a tape measure along the crack to cover it up, hmmm what do you think?   So with the new table, the dining table is now free.  I thought this would mean more space for actual meals but I was wrong.  The sewing machine might now how its own space but the dining room table is now just space for more crafting.  Oh well, more inside picnics and eating at the bench to come.  

Have a lovely weekend all!  

4 comments:

Ali said...

It was lovely to see you yesterday! I'm sure you enjoyed your shopping (I certainly did!)
Glad to hear that your back at the machine, both the pouch and bag are so gorgeous - You're going to get envious stares on the train!
Your table looks great - huge!! I think a tape measure along it is a cute idea.

Sandrine said...

Sad I missed you yesterday, but with all the crowd I might have missed a lot...wishing you lots of happy sewing to come...I like imperfections that what make us special!;)

Hey Harriet said...

Love your purse and bag! The market sure was a fun event and I was sorry to find that you didn't have a stall this time. And I was sorry that I didn't run into you either! Maybe next time...

Little Mary Moo said...

Oh my gosh the market was crazy. I had so much fun. I did spy a lot of the girls in the distance. I do admit I was just a little envious of all the stall holders. Maybe next time....

 
Blog template by suckmylolly.com : Header Image by Gustavo Pedrosa